Thursday, March 26, 2009

Now would be a good time to post something I suppose...

Well Coyotes fans, we're not going to the playoffs. AGAIN. Time to pick another team to cheer for in the playoffs *sigh*. I'm going with the Flyers, since its Carcillo's new team. Do I think they'll win the cup? No. But I think they will at least have a good run. Who do I think will win it? Detroit for a second year wouldn't surprise me, San Jose will make a good run, so will Boston & maybe Calgary. The obvious choices. All this mess in Montreal has disappointed me this season. I was truly hoping they'd be a real cup contender this year. But I think they cracked under the Centennial year pressure. I would imagine that being a Montreal Canadien would rank up there on the high pressure job scale. I think firing Guy Carbonneau was a mistake. I imagine Gainey thought someone's head needed to roll for this... too bad it was Carbo's. I also think their fans need to lay off of Carey Price. He's good, very good but too much is expected of the young goaltender. There's no error margin in Montreal...

As for my team, their post-All Star break steady decline has been devastating for me as a fan. The beginning of this season held so much promise. I feel like this happens every year. This year, even worse than last year. How did this happen? How do we fix it? Some fans are calling for Gretzky to step down as head coach. At the very least, this season has raised some questions for me. Why are the Coyotes lacking motivation? Where's the consistency? Who is to blame? Gretzky? How many more years will we continue to trade away players in an attempt to "improve" our situation? WHY DO THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO TRADE THE FAN FAVORITES?!?! Do they not like their fans? I don't like to watch my boys playing the position of "spoiler". They are better than that. We have more talent than that. Shane Doan deserves better than that. So how do we fix this?

1 comment:

  1. We would welcome Guy here in the desert. And when I say we I mean you and I. I don't know how other fans feel about this but personally I think he would vastly improve the coaching staff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...