Monday, April 23, 2012

The wait is over!



My boys have finally advanced to the second round of the playoffs - and with a 4-0 win over the Chicago Blackhawks! I know - there is still a long road ahead of them, but tonight I'm going to enjoy this moment.

Tomorrow I'm going to go greet them at airport when they come home (if you'd like to join me, here's the info on when and where). We are going to celebrate the first time our Captain and many of our players have made it to round 2 of the playoffs. And if we lose in the 2nd round, we at least have a Pacific division title and a round one victory. Neither of which we've had in Phoenix before. That's huge. Certainly I hope we go further - and believe them capable of making it all the way to the finals - but I'm happy to celebrate how far we've come.

The entire town is buzzing about this hockey team - they even reported about the ownership situation and the Coyotes win during the 9pm news tonight. That NEVER happens! So whatever the future brings for us, win or lose - I'm proud. I'm happy for the Coyotes fans who have been through 3 years of hell. The fans who have been behind them from day 1. I'm ecstatic that we have something to really celebrate this year. I'm going to allow the ownership situation to take care of itself - because I have faith that it will - and I am going to simply enjoy the ride.

Congratulations Phoenix Coyotes - I couldn't be prouder.

Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...