Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday Morning Thoughts...

Good Monday morning to you all! I've been in a bit of a fog the past couple of days. I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics my doctor put me on and I had no idea allergic reactions to medications could be so horrible! I felt just plain awful! But its good to be feeling back to normal and headed back to watch my boys play tonight. Some thoughts for Monday morning...... 


We never heard anything else about the meeting Ice Edge was supposed to have with the NHL last Monday. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign, but I suppose we'll just wait and see. The NHL will do all within their power now to keep their negotiations and meetings secret until they are ready to announce a deal is done, so we won't have the wealth of information we were privy to over the summer. It'd be nice to know what's going on but I realize that's not going to happen so I'll just do what I can do... Which is go to games and continue to keep the faith and be a fan of my team. There's not much I can do now anyway, other than those things! 


We've got Boedker back up here from the AHL making a go for it and I wish him well. He's a good kid with a big heart and fast feet! He's an asset to our team, now & in the future. I hope he is able to stick around.


Some goings-on this week: Tonight of course, the Coyotes will take on the Christmas Elves at Jobing.com Arena. The puck drops at 7:00pm and will be broadcast on FS-A in HD. I hope Dave Strader's voice is better now! 


Tomorrow, Matt Lombardi & Scottie Upshall will be at Polar Ice in Chandler to meet fans and sign autographs from 6-7pm. You'll have a chance to meet two of our newer players who are really making an impact on our team, if you're in the area I'd definitely stop by and shake their hands. They are hard workers and doing great as Coyotes. Lombardi and Upshall are two guys I think are an important piece of the playoff puzzle we've been trying to solve for 7 years. Polar Ice in Chandler is located at 7225 West Harrison Street in Chandler, AZ. 


On Thursday the 10th, the Coyotes will host a viewing party at Oggi's in Glendale from 8-10pm as the Coyotes take on the LA Kings. Oggi's is located at 6681 West Beardsley Road in Glendale, AZ. Bring the family or friends out for great food, great fun, and great HOCKEY watching with other Coyotes fans! Oggi's will be offer $1 draft beers during the viewing party!


Then on Saturday before the game the Coyotes will be holding a "Dollar Drive". Player's  wives and girlfriends will be collecting dollar bills for the United Food Bank outside Jobing.com Arena. Proceeds will go to Sanderson Ford’s Operation Santa Claus, which donates funds to St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance, Tim & Willy’s Kid’s FUN-dation, the Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center, and Choose to Help. The game against the Sharks starts 6:00pm.


And while I'm at it, I'll throw out a link for the Coyotes Howlidays packs  www.phoenixcoyotes.com/howliday because everyone loves the HOWLIDAYS!!!  In addition to the great ticket prices they are offering, anyone purchasing a Howliday Pack will receive an autographed puck signed by the Coyotes player of their choice (based on availability) and would have priority on playoff tickets over the general public. 


The first meeting of the Phoenix Coyotes Ambassador's Club will also be held before the game on Saturday and if you are a part of that, you got the details of the meeting from your ticket rep in your email. So I hope I see all my season ticket holder friends there!


Busy hockey week ahead of us folks, have a good one!


-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...